Lotto (South Africa) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
- Latest Lotto Winning Numbers & Jackpots
- Lotto Jackpot Trend
- Lotto Hot & Cold Numbers
- Lotto Quick Pick Numbers
- Lotto Prizes and Odds
- Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 Prizes and Odds
- Lotto Drawing Schedule
- The Biggest Lotto Winners and Jackpots
- Lotto Rules in South Africa
- South Africa Lotto Payout and Taxes
- Things to Know About Lotto in South Africa
- FAQs Lotto
Latest Lotto Winning Numbers & Jackpots
|Lotto Draw Date||Winning numbers||Jackpot|
Saturday Dec 02, 2023
ZAR 5.5 Million
Wednesday Nov 29, 2023
ZAR 3 Million
Saturday Nov 25, 2023
ZAR 42.5 Million
Wednesday Nov 22, 2023
ZAR 39.5 Million
Saturday Nov 18, 2023
ZAR 37 Million
Wednesday Nov 15, 2023
ZAR 33.5 Million
Saturday Nov 11, 2023
ZAR 30.5 Million
Wednesday Nov 08, 2023
ZAR 27.5 Million
Saturday Nov 04, 2023
ZAR 21 Million
Wednesday Nov 01, 2023
ZAR 21 Million
Lotto Jackpot Trend
Lotto Hot & Cold Numbers
Lotto Quick Pick Numbers
Wednesday, Dec 06, 2023
Lotto Prizes and Odds
Lotto is the drawing game that allows players from South Africa to try their luck, get a unique experience, win great prizes, and just have a good time with these thrills. The traditional structure of the game is combined with simplicity, availability, and a special vibe everyone must feel at least once. That is why we are happy to introduce this game to you, so you can see where you can get more than you expect!
|6||Jackpot (73.0% of the prize pool)||1 in 20,358,520 or 0.0000049%|
|5 + Bonus Number||2.3% of the prize pool||1 in 3,393,087 or 0.00029%|
|5||4.0% of the prize pool||1 in 75,402 or 0.0013%|
|4 + Bonus Number||5.0% of the prize pool|
1 in 30,161 or 0.0033%
|4||8.4% of the prize pool||1 in 1,371 or 0.073%|
|3 + Bonus Number||7.3% of the prize pool||1 in 1,028 or 0.097%|
|3||R50||1 in 72|
|2 + Bonus Number||R20||1 in 96|
We hope our table with lottery odds will come in handy. Also, we recommend getting acquainted with the most effective lottery strategies and different methods of lottery number picking. When you’re ready to start, read more about the game rules and the steps you should take if you win a lotto prize. Good luck!
Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 Prizes and Odds
Lotto is a game of chance in South Africa. Moreover, Lotto is a game of three chances here! There are three draws made within each play:
Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 are the options, so you should ask for them when placing your bet. You will pay for them, but two more entries that give you more chances to win are worth it! Follow the tips on how to win the lottery, and Lady Luck will smile at you.
|6||Jackpot (53.0% of the prize pool)||1 in 20,358,520 or 0.0000049%|
|5 + Bonus Number||8.1% of the prize pool||1 in 3,393,087 or 0.00029%|
|5||5.4% of the prize pool||1 in 75,402 or 0.0013%|
|4 + Bonus Number||6.7% of the prize pool||1 in 30,161 or 0.0033%|
|4||13.4% of the prize pool||1 in 1,371 or 0.073%|
|3 + Bonus Number||13.4% of the prize pool||1 in 1,028 or 0.097%|
|3||R25||1 in 72|
|2 + Bonus Number||R15||1 in 96|
The South African Lotto doesn’t offer multipliers. In fact, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 may be quite enough. However, the game is still engaging, and thousands of players adore it without thinking of any possible extras. Read how to manifest winning the lottery and go ahead with your dream prize.
Lotto Drawing Schedule
The Lotto schedule mostly coincides with the time the other South African lotteries take place. You can see if your lucky numbers become winning ones in the evening, though there are only two draws a week. Still, it adds adrenaline, as the chase is sometimes better than the catch!
|Draw Time||08:56 p.m. (South Africa Standard Time)||08:56 p.m. (South Africa Standard Time)|
|Sales Stop||08:30 p.m. (South Africa Standard Time)||08:30 p.m. (South Africa Standard Time)|
The Biggest Lotto Winners and Jackpots
Lotto in South Africa is won very often. Though the winning chances may not seem so high, the winners take home millions of rand almost every month. In the table below, you may see the recent lucky players who hit Lotto and Lotto Plus 1.
|Unknown||Western Cape||Lotto||R66 million||May 20, 2023|
|Unknown||Unknown||Lotto Plus 1||R21 million||May 3, 2023|
|Unknown||Umtata||Lotto Plus 1||R3.5 million||February 25, 2023|
|Unknown||Cape Town||Lotto Plus 1||R25 million||January 21, 2023|
|Unknown||Western Cape||Lotto||R5.4 million||January 14, 2022|
Also, read about the biggest jackpots in the world to find more inspiring stories.
Lotto Rules in South Africa
Lotto is the most popular draw game in South Africa. It is launched by the South African National Lottery, which, in turn, is operated by ITHUBA Holdings. The history of the lottery is relatively rich, as it started 20 years ago and includes the following milestones:
- November 2003 – the first Lotto draws with the 6/49 matrix take place. The game is operated by Uthingo, a lottery company.
- November 26, 2003 – Lotto Plus 1 is added.
- 2015 – the Lotto licenses are handed over to ITHUBA, a new National Lottery operator.
- July 30, 2017 – the format has been changed to 6/52. The Lotto Plus 2 option is also introduced.
As for the features of the South African Lotto, they are of great interest as well:
- The minimum legal age for participants is 18.
- Lotto implies the draw of seven numbers out of 52. The seventh number is the Bonus ball drawn automatically, and the players don’t need to pick it. Follow the Pick 6 strategy and remember the six luckiest lottery numbers to get more chances.
- There are Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 draws that take place within the same play, along with the main Lotto draw. You may opt for them to have more winning chances.
- There are 8 prize divisions. The fixed prizes are offered in the 7th and 8th divisions only.
- All the other lottery prizes are not fixed and depend on the prize pool accumulated before each draw.
- The South African Lotto is held twice a week.
- You can purchase tickets at the official retail outlets and in the mobile apps of some banks, including FNB, Capitec, Nedbank, and Standard Bank. Or you can play this game online and have a lot of fun! For example, you may visit the official lottery’s website or play on reputable online lottery sites, enjoying various gaming options and winning very, very nice amounts!
To play the South African Lotto in-store, follow a few simple steps:
- Visit any retail location nearby.
- Choose six numbers between 1 and 52. Quick Pick is also available here, so you can try it if you feel like you are going to win!
- Mark the Lotto Plus 1 checkbox in the upper part of the gameslip to have a second chance at winning a prize.
- Mark the Lotto Plus 2 checkbox to have the third winning chance.
- The game slip contains eight panels marked from A to H. You can stop at only one of them, use a few panels, or complete them all.
- Set the number of the Lotto plays you are going to play in advance.
- Hand your game slip to the retailer, have your ticket printed, and call your luck by saying the miraculous prayers to win the lottery!
If you prefer to play the lottery online, read our step-by-step guide in advance and rely on your luck.
The SANL offers a lot of options for those who want to see the results of the game as soon as possible. They are the following:
- See if you are a winner at the National Lottery’s official website.
- Download the Mobile App from the official site to get notifications right after each draw.
- Call the ITHUBA Player Helpline at 0-800-484-822.
- Open your player’s account to receive information about your win right there.
- Follow the new winners on SANL’s social media pages, including Facebook and Twitter.
- Stop by any lottery retail outlet for a ticket check.
You can bookmark our page to see all the results in a few minutes after the numbers are drawn.
South Africa Lotto Payout and Taxes
If you were happy enough to win a Lotto prize, don’t become relaxed right after the good news! Now, you are to collect your winnings, and you will be given 365 days to do that. Please note that the winning tickets expire here, so don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
|Amount||How to Claim My Lotto Prize in South Africa|
|up to R2,000||These prizes can be collected at South Africa’s National Lottery retailers.|
|R2,000-R50,000||Prize Payment Centers redeem these amounts. Get their contacts from the authorized retailer or on the Player’s Helpline at 0-800-484-82. Besides, you can mail all the documents, including the Claim Form, to any of these Centers.|
The winners of these amounts must claim the prizes at the ITHUBA Regional Offices. Their locations are:
|Online winnings||For online players, it is even more convenient, as they get their winnings right into their wallets. After that, they can spend the money on further games or withdraw it.|
The Lottery winners are free from taxes in South Africa! The fact is that the amounts won when playing the lottery are not income but equity. As equity is not liable for taxation, the whole amount goes right into your pocket.
Things to Know About Lotto in South Africa
- When playing Lotto, you pay R5 per panel. Besides, Lotto Plus 1 and Lotto Plus 2 will cost you R2.50 each. So, the most expensive ticket will cost you R45. The maximum amount you can bet within a game is R2,000.
- The Lotto winning numbers are defined via the computerized terminal.
- You can’t opt for Lotto Plus 1 if you don’t enter the main Lotto draw. You can’t play Lotto Plus 2 if you don’t take Lotto and Lotto Plus 1.
- Almost all the Lotto prizes are pari-mutuel except the amounts won in Divisions 7 and 8, which are always fixed.
- Try not to miss the claiming period if you win a Lotto prize in South Africa. If you don’t collect your winnings, 50% of them will be transferred into the National Lottery Distribution Trust Fund.
- Ten consecutive draws are available for Lotto players in South Africa, so take all the chances you can!
Be ready for this great entertainment at 08:56 p.m. SAST
The latest happy winner is a mother of two cute daughters who always dreamed of winning Lotto, and her dream came true on May 20, 2023. Now, she’s planning to buy a new home for her family and travel overseas to see the world.
The lucky lady comes from somewhere in the Western Cape. The winner moves with the times, as she purchased the ticket on the Nedbank banking application.
The experienced players place their bets in-store, in some mobile banking apps, or online on the National Lottery website.
The Lotto live draws are televised on SABC-2.
The ticket sales are suspended at 8:30 p.m. SAST.