Random draws and dozens of numbers on each lottery ticket make people wonder how to pick lottery numbers the right way. Choosing the best lottery numbers may not guarantee prizes, but also increase the possibility of getting a bigger prize. Therefore, knowing which strategies work and those that are not worth the effort is a valuable asset.
How People Usually Pick Lottery Numbers?
As the results of lottery games are completely random, people naturally tend to search for lucky patterns or signs that give them some orientation. That may even include supernatural justifications or very specific dreams.
While randomness guarantees that even the most exotic way of picking lottery numbers can win a prize, there are biases that can negatively affect odds. That is the case of superstitions or patterns that ignore or eliminate some numbers, as when people use dates.
That is similar to trusting that there are lucky numbers according to your star sign or using fortune-telling sources. Statistically speaking, the chances of winning with those methods are equal to choosing numbers randomly. That is, as long as there are no limitations – like when dates are used alone.
Now, there are methods on how to pick lottery numbers that are not based on mere coincidence. Although there are no guarantees involved in the lottery, some systems can help players organize their games.
Pick Lottery Numbers the Right Way
There are numerous lottery strategies available to those who do not simply want to trust random choices or wait for a miraculous dream. They can be based on frequency, math, or even the behavior of other players.
Consult Lottery Statistics to Find the Frequently Picked Lottery Numbers
Choose a lottery game and look up its results. This method of picking lottery numbers does not refer to the numbers that are most popular among players. Instead, it refers to using the numbers that are drawn most often in a specific lottery game. It is easy to collect them in online lottery results, and the larger the timespan, the better.
- You can take a look here at the most common winning lottery numbers.
From lottery statistics, you can find the numbers that appear more often and use them in your lottery combination. However, this is not a guarantee, as every draw gives each number the same chance of being drawn, mathematically speaking. This method is based on the belief that some things defy logic.
For instance, the number “32” has been drawn the most times in the Powerball lottery since the game started, and the number “61” has been the most common since 2015. There is really no explanation for how frequently they occur. But we believe that certain unknown circumstances make those specific numbers appear more often, regardless of what statistics say.
Based on the statistics, you can decide to mix up the combination and probabilities. Some players change it by adding the less common (cold) numbers in a mixed game when they buy lottery tickets online; others may focus only on hot numbers or combine both types of numbers in their lottery selection. The idea is to mix it up to improve your chances of having winning numbers in your lottery selection.
Quick Pick is the most popular way of choosing your lottery numbers. It is also the easiest method for people who don’t have the time to consult past lottery results or use lottery strategies. It involves letting a random lottery number generator select a set of numbers for you. All you have to do is choose the lottery on the website and pick the quick pick option, and it will immediately produce a lottery combination for you.
The Quick Pick option is a great way to avoid choosing the more popular numbers in the lottery. It guarantees the most random selections and helps you to overcome any potential bias against any numbers. This is a big reason most players opt for the quick pick over the self-pick.
Choosing Your Lucky Numbers
The other option to go for individual prizes is to choose your lucky numbers. They can be based on a wide range of things connected to you as an individual, such as your star sign, birthday dates, anniversary dates, and any number that holds special significance to you. By doing so, you will avoid the usual lucky numbers everyone plays.
Also, choosing your lucky numbers is a great way to manifest winning the lottery with the law of attraction and put the universe on your side. When you eventually win, it will feel like it’s your destiny, and you were meant to become a lottery winner.
Use Lottery Strategies
You could also employ lottery strategies to help you find the numbers with the best chances of appearing in the draw. Popular lottery strategies include Pick 3, Pick 4, Pick 5, Pick 6, and Lottery Wheeling Systems. These strategies will usually provide different lottery combinations developed from previous lottery data.
Use Lottery Analysis and Prediction Software
Lottery software can also be useful to help you pick your lottery numbers. They are designed by experts who have been following lottery trends and patterns for years and are knowledgeable about the different types of lottery strategies. It also comes with an inbuilt database of the previous lottery draws to make it easier for players to create their lottery combinations.
If you don’t have time to learn lottery strategies or don’t want to go through that stress, we recommend that you employ lottery software to handle all of the lottery calculations and help you get the best numbers for the lottery. The best lottery software options include WinSlips, Pick3Sniper, Lotto Pro, and SamLotto.
Use Numerology to Pick Your Lottery Numbers
Numerology is a belief system that revolves about the relative importance of numbers and patterns to human lives. It works based on the idea that every number has a unique vibration, qualities, traits, and characteristic, which could be used to gain insights about a person’s personality, life path, and future. In the same way, it could be used to help you to find possible winning numbers for you.
However, you will need to have a strong belief in the power of the universe for you to even consider it. Think of Numerology as the mathematics version of zodiac signs. However instead of zodiac signs, you deal with your life path numbers. Your life path number is a single-digit number that reveals your strengths, personality, dreams, skills, and weaknesses. Here is how to calculate your life path numbers.
- Write out your date of birth. For example, if you were born on January 12th, 1996, put it in this format 1/23/1996.
- Reduce it to a single digit each.
a. 1 = 1 is already a single digit
b. 12 = Break 12 into a single digit with lottery mathematics; 1 + 2 = 3
c. 1996 = Break 1996 into a single digit; 1+9+9+6 = 25
Further break down 25 into a single digit; 2+5 = 7
- So we will have 1/3/7
- Add the three numbers together; 1+3+7 = 11
- Further break it into a single digit; 1+1 = 2
- So the life path number is 2.
- Use your life path number to select your lottery number. This means you should choose numbers associated with 2. For instance, you could pick numbers that are multiples of 2 or divisible by 2 such as 6,8,12,16,20,36
Choosing Numbers According to the Delta System
The Delta System is a long-form equation for choosing lottery numbers based on the mathematical difference between adjacent numbers. It breaks down the numbers into deltas. A delta is a difference between a number and the number that appears before it.
Here is how the delta system works.
- Choose a number between 1 and 5. Do not worry; that number will only be chosen to build the Delta system. Statistically speaking, starting with 1 tends to result in winning delta numbers more often.
- Pick two more numbers between 1 and 8. Now you should have the first number plus these other two. Let’s say we pick 1 in the first stage and 6 and 2 in the second stage. Our numbers will be 1-6-2
- Pick a number close to 8. Let’s say 7. So we have 1-6-2-7
- Add two numbers between 8 and 15. Numbers are starting to increase, and you can choose any two between that range. Our choice resulted in 1-6-2-7-11-14. These numbers will be our delta numbers for our lottery combination.
- Write your delta numbers and add them up. Do a simple sum and write down the number. If it is higher than the maximum number in your game, repeat the sequence with lower numbers. Our total is 1+6+2+7+11+14 = 41. The system indicates that if our number is within 15 numbers from the maximum lottery number, that is a good choice.
- Change the order. As already specified, those still are not your lottery numbers. Therefore, rearrange them putting the first number last and vice-versa, and change the order of the numbers in between. Write it down. Ours became 2-6-7-1-14-11.
- First and second lottery numbers. In our case, the first number of your sequence – 2, in our case – will be your first lottery number. Then, add the second Delta sequence number to the first, which will be the second lottery number. So far, we have got 2 and 8.
- Keep adding the resulting lottery number to the next delta number, which will become your number.
- Add the second delta (6) number to the second lottery number (8) to get the third lottery number (14)
- Add the third delta number (7) to the third lottery number (14) to get the fourth lottery number (21)
- Add the fourth delta number (1) to the fourth lottery number (21) to get the fifth number (22)
- Add the fifth delta number (14) to the fifth lottery number (22) to get the sixth number (34)
- The sixth delta number will be your bonus ball.
- In the end, your lottery combination will be 2-8-14-21-22-34 with bonus ball 11
Join a Syndicate
Another way to enter the lottery is to join a syndicate. A syndicate is a group of people who pool their money together to buy lottery tickets. Joining a syndicate allows you to increase your coverage in the lottery so you can cover as many lottery combinations as possible without incurring high ticket costs.
All you have to do is buy pre-set lottery combinations which are randomly generated and grouped into shares. So you wouldn’t need to worry about which numbers to choose. Instead, you only need to buy as many shares as you can afford, and if you get lucky, your syndicate splits the winnings based on the number of shares you acquired in the draw.
Are Popular Numbers the Best Lottery Numbers to Pick?
Unlike from the most frequent numbers, the popular ones are those that players pick from superstition or certain beliefs. For example, the number 7 is considered a lucky number, and it is frequently seen when people play lotteries. The same applies to multiples of it, such as 14, 21, 28, 35, and 42.
Another form of playing popular numbers without even searching for them is to play obvious sequential numbers, e.g., 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, and 6. Regardless of how high the jackpot or which time of the year it is, there will be several people using that sequence.
The problem with choosing the most common as the best lottery numbers to pick is that it brings no additional advantage. That would be okay, similar to playing numbers you have dreamt of if it did not reduce your total prize in case you win.
After all, getting it right means hundreds or even thousands of other people did it too. Unless it is a jackpot, the chances are you will not receive a lot of money.
Using Quick Pick to Avoid Popular Numbers
That way, there will be better chances of not sharing the jackpot and smaller prizes with a bunch of other people.
What About Unpopular Lottery Numbers?
Researchers looking at winning lottery tickets and frequent choices of numbers in different studies across the globe reached the same conclusion. Whenever there were several jackpot winners, they always followed a pattern that included popular numbers. That means those winners who preferred to go with the common choices had to share their prizes.
One of those specific studies, carried out at Southampton University (United Kingdom), showed that going with unpopular numbers could actually double the total prize. Believe it or not, some combinations are completely ignored, and they could be the key to an actual huge jackpot.
So, while going with uncommon combinations has the same chances of conquering a prize, it will provenly and logically increase it when you win.
Best Lottery Numbers To Pick – Our Recommendations
Finally, those who came here looking not only for advice but actual recommendations on what the best lottery numbers are can consider themselves lucky. According to the most frequent method, find the lottery numbers to 7 great games found on the best lottery sites.
The all-time hottest numbers that could work as the best lottery numbers to pick on Powerball are:
We collected the most common numbers to play Mega Millions, plus the hottest MegaBall, in all its draws:
One of the most famous lottery games in Canada is Lotto 6/49 also counts on an interesting combination of hottest numbers.
The following balls represent the best lottery numbers according to the frequency strategy, plus the supplementary numbers in Oz Lotto.
We collected the best main, superstar, and jolly numbers of the SuperEnalotto lottery for those willing to use the hottest numbers:
The Brazilian lottery Mega Sena does not count on special or bonus numbers. Instead, players can choose from 1 to 60, including the hottest numbers below:
One of the hottest lottery games in Europe and across the globe, EuroMillions is also featured here with its most common numbers:
How to Win the Lottery Alone?
As previously explained, the best possible outcome of a lottery game is to win a prize alone – especially a huge jackpot. There are some hints on how to win the lottery alone, or at least increase your chances of doing so:
- Avoid lucky numbers , their multiples, and obvious sequences, as there are hundreds or thousands of tickets with those.
- Placing more numbers on the center of the lottery slip is what most people do. Therefore, do the contrary.
- Do what several people do not: prefer numbers that cannot be chosen based on special dates. That is, those above 31.
- Consecutive numbers can be a good idea if it is not an obvious sequence.
- If numbers are widely spread through some fortune-telling source, do not play them.
- Use the quick pick method or an automatic lottery tool to generate random sequences, but evaluate them before playing.
- Go for straight rows or columns that are not obvious. When playing online, that may change according to your screen size.
- Avoid the draw date as one of the chosen numbers.
Read more: How to win the lottery guide
Our investigation on how to pick the best lottery numbers resulted in very interesting outputs. Choosing popular or obvious combinations may lead to smaller prizes, while random unpopular numbers preserve the odds and eliminate that issue.
At the same time, looking for the hottest numbers in all-time or the latest draws may reveal the best lottery numbers for those who believe in trends. In any case, that is also a valid strategy that does not interfere with the odds, as well as using the Delta method. Every player can choose one or more strategies that match their profile and stick to it.
What is the formula for picking the winning lottery numbers?
There is no formula for picking the winning lottery numbers as lottery draws are totally random, so there isn’t any way to guarantee the exact numbers that will come out in the draw. While there are various ways to improve your chances, none have proven to provide a hundred percent chance of winning the lottery.
Is it better to pick lottery numbers or random?
Whether you pick your lottery numbers or pick them randomly doesn’t matter. Both methods offer the same odds. You will still need a great deal of luck to win the lottery.
What numbers are most likely to win the lottery?
There are no numbers that are more likely to win the lottery because lottery numbers are chosen at random, and each number has the same chance of appearing in the draw. However, it is worth noting that some numbers come up more often than others due to inexplicable reasons.
How to use numerology to pick lottery numbers?
Numerology studies the relationships between numbers and events and can help you pick your lottery numbers. It utilizes the numerical value of important dates and lottery numbers to help you find the best numbers for the lottery.
Are there any lottery cheat codes?
There aren’t any lottery cheat codes or shortcuts that can guarantee a win in the lotteries. The lottery draw is entirely random and fair, so there is no effective way to beat the system.