Megabucks Plus (Vermont) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
- Latest Megabucks Plus Winning Numbers & Jackpots
- Megabucks Plus Jackpot Trend
- Megabucks Plus Hot & Cold Numbers
- Megabucks Plus Quick Pick Numbers
- Megabucks Prizes and Odds
- Megabucks Drawing Schedule
- The Biggest Megabucks Winners and Jackpots
- Megabucks Rules in Vermont
- Vermont Megabucks Payout and Taxes
- Things to Know About Megabucks in Vermont
- FAQs Megabucks
Latest Megabucks Plus Winning Numbers & Jackpots
|Megabucks Plus Draw Date||Winning numbers||Jackpot|
Wednesday Sep 20, 2023
USD 4.48 Million
Saturday Sep 16, 2023
USD 4.48 Million
Wednesday Sep 13, 2023
USD 4.38 Million
Saturday Sep 09, 2023
USD 4.3 Million
Wednesday Sep 06, 2023
USD 4.25 Million
Saturday Sep 02, 2023
USD 4.18 Million
Wednesday Aug 30, 2023
USD 4.05 Million
Saturday Aug 26, 2023
USD 3.95 Million
Wednesday Aug 23, 2023
USD 3.88 Million
Saturday Aug 19, 2023
USD 3.78 Million
Megabucks Plus Jackpot Trend
Megabucks Plus Hot & Cold Numbers
Megabucks Plus Quick Pick Numbers
Saturday, Sep 23, 2023
Megabucks Prizes and Odds
Megabucks is one of the original lotteries played in only three US states. Its double matrix, nine ways to win, big prizes in three upper tiers, and the overall winning odds of 1 in 6 make the game very engaging and emotional, so it has thousands of fans across Vermont.
|Match||Prize Amount||Odds %|
|5+Megaball||$1,000,000 (progressive)||1 in 4,496,388 or 0.00002%|
|5||$30,000||1 in 899,278 or 0.0001%|
|4+Megaball||$1,300||1 in 24,980 or 0.004%|
|4||$150||1 in 4,996 or 0.02%|
|3+Megaball||$25||1 in 714 or 0.14%|
|3||$7||1 in 143 or 0.7%|
|2+Megaball||$5||1 in 63|
|2||$2||1 in 13|
|1+Megaball||$2||1 in 15|
Don’t rely on the multipliers if you are going to try your luck playing Megabucks in Vermont, as this game doesn’t imply them at all. The devoted players don’t mind it at all. They keep hitting the prizes that the game offers!
If you think lotteries with multipliers increase your winning lottery chances, try your luck playing the lotto online. Internet gambling has a lot of benefits today. You can choose the US games from their great variety. You can enter several lotteries at once without leaving your home. You may forget about the online lotto scams. However, all this works if you prefer the safe and highly recommended lottery sites we collect and check for you.
Megabucks Drawing Schedule
The Megabucks is held on Wednesdays and Saturdays. Many players find this format very convenient because they can play other games and experiment with different gaming strategies. Join when you want or see the signs that you’ll soon win!
|Draw Time||07:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)||07:59 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)|
|Sales Stop||07:50 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)||07:50 p.m. (Eastern Standard Time)|
The Biggest Megabucks Winners and Jackpots
The minimum estimated Megabucks jackpot of $1,000,000 looks very inspiring. Not surprisingly, players all over the state are doing anything to win. We should say that the winners are very happy to get not considerable but grand amounts! For example, one of the biggest wins that occurred in October 2018 was $11.5 million. It is so inspiring, as well as the highest jackpot ever won, isn’t it?
The recent top prize was won on August 24, 2022. It was not so overwhelming. However, we are sure that the player from Bradford, who took $1.7 million, was over the moon!
Do you want to become a millionaire too? Learn about famous lottery winners and try to replicate their success!
Megabucks Rules in Vermont
Megabucks is one of the oldest lotteries in American history. It was introduced in 1985 in Vermont, New Hampshire, and Maine as a 6/30 lottery game played on Saturdays only. Then, the changes followed
- 1986 – the 6/36 format is introduced.
- 1988 – the previous matrix is eliminated. The set of numbers increases up to 40.
- 1990 – Wednesday drawings are added.
- 1996 – the top-prize winners can choose the cash payment option for their prizes.
- 1997 – the format is changed to 6/42, and the Megaball is added.
- 2009 – the lottery got the name Megabucks Plus.
- 2019 – Megabucks Plus becomes Megabucks again, and the 6/41 matrix is established.
The features of the lottery are rather distinct:
- The players can buy tickets and claim prizes if they are 18 or older.
- You are to pick five numbers and a Megaball for your ticket. The Pick 5 strategy, the Pick 6 strategy, the wheeling systems, or other methods will come in handy if you want to get a prize.
- The prizes differ from a $1,000,000 jackpot to $2 at the lowest tiers.
- You can play it twice a week while still having enough time for your other games and hobbies.
- The jackpot has no cap here, and you can win more than the guaranteed minimum.
- You can also play Megabucks in New Hampshire and Maine, but it is not yet available in all the other states.
- Megabucks tickets can currently only be purchased from official Vermont Lottery retailers.
Your millions are coming! There are only a few steps left:
- Stop by any authorized retailer and ask for a playslip.
- Select five numbers between 1 and 41. You may do it randomly if you add the free Quick Pick option.
- Pick your Megaball between 1 and 6.
- There are five panels in your game slip, and you can complete all of them to play five games in a row with one ticket.
- Decide on how many multiple draws you are going to play.
- Keep your ticket safe so you can provide it when you win!
Megabucks players typically monitor the outcome on the Vermont Lottery’s official website or at retail locations nearby. The Hotline at 1-800-322-8800 will also come in handy, though you may find our results page more convenient.
Vermont Megabucks Payout and Taxes
Winning Megabucks in Vermont is great! However, concentrate a little, as now you must get your prize in your purse. If you miss the 365 days, your winning ticket will become unclaimed, and you’ll lose money. You don’t want it all, we suppose! So, follow our instructions on how to claim your lottery winnings!
|Amount||How to Claim my Megabucks Prize in Vermont|
|$1 – $499|
Most of the players prefer claiming their small prizes at the Vermont Lottery-authorized retailer. Find any of them via the retailer locator, stop by the one that is most convenient, and provide the ticket to cash in your prize.
Besides, these amounts can be redeemed by mail. For that, send your signed ticket to
1311 US Route 302,
Barre VT 05641-2399
You may claim this money in person at the Vermont Lottery Headquarters in Berlin or at any M&T Bank. There, you will be given the Winner Claim Form, so follow the instructions written in it.
If you are going to claim your prize by mail, you must provide the following information:
|$5,000 and over||Big prizes are redeemed at the Vermont Lottery Headquarters in Berlin by personal claim only.|
Things to Know About Megabucks in Vermont
- A Megabucks ticket will cost you $2.
- A share of the VL income goes to the Vermont Education Fund.
- The Vermont Lottery is working on opportunities for online gambling for its players. However, the exact date of the release is not yet available.
- Megabucks players can’t stay anonymous after winning in Vermont, according to state law.
- Winners of the jackpot in Vermont can choose between a lump sum or cash in 30 payments over time. Weigh all the pros and cons and make up your mind about your choice.
- The Multi-Draw option for Megabucks means that there will be 20 draws in a row, with no breaks, for 10 weeks.
Megabucks is held twice a week, on Wednesdays and Saturdays. We have our fingers crossed and have prepared the miraculous prayers to win the lottery!
You will know if you are a winner or not at 07:59 p.m. (ET). Good luck!
Unfortunately, the name of the latest winner for 2022 is unknown. Still, we are happy for the lucky player who took home $1.7 million on August 24.
We suppose that this time the winner’s hometown is Bradford. The ticket was bought at the drugstore.
Only the participating retailer agents are allowed to sell tickets, so don’t waste your time and visit the nearest one!
The Megabucks winning numbers are televised on WPTZ/WNNE, Fox 44, and WVNY.
The ticket sales are suspended at 07:50 p.m. (ET), just as in New Hampshire and Maine.
Note: The lottery results on Lottery n’ Go are not official. When playing the lottery, it is always advisable to verify your results with an official lottery agent before taking any further action. This is to ensure that you have correctly interpreted the results and that you are not about to make any rash decisions based on incorrect information.
We’re doing our best to provide updated results every 1h. If you found any mistake, please report here.