Mega Millions (USA) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
- Latest Mega Millions Winning Numbers & Jackpots
- Mega Millions Jackpot Trend
- Mega Millions Hot & Cold Numbers
- Mega Millions Quick Pick Numbers
- Mega Millions Prizes and Odds
- Mega Millions MegaPlier Multiplier Prizes
- Mega Millions Drawing Schedule
- 10 Biggest Mega Millions Winners and Jackpots
- Mega Millions Rules in the USA
- Advanced Draws
- USA Mega Millions Payout and Taxes
- Things to Know About Mega Millions in the USA
- FAQs Mega Millions
Latest Mega Millions Winning Numbers & Jackpots
|Mega Millions Draw Date||Winning numbers||Jackpot|
Friday Sep 22, 2023
USD 205 Million
Tuesday Sep 19, 2023
USD 183 Million
Friday Sep 15, 2023
USD 162 Million
Tuesday Sep 12, 2023
USD 141 Million
Friday Sep 08, 2023
USD 122 Million
Tuesday Sep 05, 2023
USD 101 Million
Friday Sep 01, 2023
USD 85 Million
Tuesday Aug 29, 2023
USD 67 Million
Friday Aug 25, 2023
USD 52 Million
Tuesday Aug 22, 2023
USD 33 Million
Mega Millions Jackpot Trend
Mega Millions Hot & Cold Numbers
Mega Millions Quick Pick Numbers
Tuesday, Sep 26, 2023
Mega Millions Prizes and Odds
|5+ Mega Ball||Jackpot||1 in 32,575,350 or 0,000003|
|5||$1,000,000||1 in 12,607,306 or 0,000008|
|4+ Mega Ball||$10,000||1 in 931,001 or 0,0001|
|4||$500||1 in 38,792 or 0,0026|
|3+ Mega Ball||$200||1 in 14,547 or 0,007|
|3||$10||1 in 606 or 0,17|
|2+ Mega Ball||$10||1 in 693 or 0,14|
|1+Mega Ball||$4||1 in 89 or 1,12|
|Mega Ball||$2||1 in 37 or 2,7|
Mega Millions MegaPlier Multiplier Prizes
MegaPlier is another chance to win more if you are willing to pay an extra $1 per line. It is an additional game that allows the player to multiply their winnings (the jackpot is a usual exception) by 2–5 times. However, you should know that this option is NOT available in California because of some state law specifics.
See how MegaPlier works in the table below.
|5+ Mega Ball||Jackpot|
|4+ Mega Ball||$10,000||$20,000||$30,000||$40,000||$50,000|
|3+ Mega Ball||$200||$400||$600||$800||$1,000|
|2+ Mega Ball||$10||$20||$30||$40||$50|
Mega Millions MegaPlier Multiplier Odds
|Odds||1 in 3||1 in 2,5||1 in 5||1 in 15|
Mega Millions Drawing Schedule
|Draw Time||11:00 p.m. (Eastern time zone)||11:00 p.m. (Eastern time zone)|
|Sales Stop||May be different in different states||May be different in different states|
10 Biggest Mega Millions Winners and Jackpots
|Unknown (the ticket was bought in South Carolina)||$1,537 Billion||5-28-62-65-70-5||October 23, 2018|
|Unknown (the ticket was bought in Illinois)||$1,34 Billion||4-26-42-50-60-24||July 29, 2022|
|Unknown (the ticket was bought in Michigan)||$1,05 Billion||4-26-42-50-60-24||January 22, 2021|
|Unknown (the tickets were bought in Illinois, Kansas, and Maryland)||$656 Million||2-4-23-38-46-23||March 30, 2012|
|Ira Curry (Georgia) and Steve Tran (California)||$648 Million||8-14-17-20-39-7||December 17, 2013|
|Roland Reyes||$543 Million||1-2-4-19-29-20||July 24, 2018|
|Unknown (the ticket was bought in Indiana)||$536 Million||8-19-20-55-73-5||July 08, 2016|
|Richard Wahl (New Jersey)||$533 Million||11-28-31-46-59-1||March 30, 2018|
|Laarni Bibal (California)||$522 Million||17-19-27-40-68-2||June 07, 2019|
|5-Members Trust (Pennsylvania)||$516 Million||6-9-17-18-48-8||May 21, 2021|
Mega Millions Rules in the USA
Mega Millions is one of the most popular lotteries in the USA. Its first draw took place on September 6, 1996, as a “Big Game” lottery, and it was renamed “Mega Millions” on May 14, 2002.
The features of the lottery you need to know are:
- There are 45 states and 2 jurisdictions (Washington, D.C., and the Virgin Islands) participating. Alabama, Nevada, and Utah are the exceptions.
- You must be over 18 years old to take part in Mega Millions; however, the age is raised to 21 in some states. Besides, you may purchase tickets online only if you are 18 or older.
- You can buy physical tickets or try your luck online.
- Mega Millions doesn’t have rollover limits.
- You must be in the territory of a participating state or jurisdiction to purchase your tickets. No players from other metro areas or abroad can take part in it.
We recommend that you learn how to win the US MegaMillions. After this, just follow the rules to play Mega Millions:
- Pick 5 main numbers from 1 to 70.
- Select your Mega Ball number between 1 and 25.
- If you like, turn to the Quick Pick option for a random choice of numbers.
- Select your extras if you paid for Megaplier.
The draws are held twice a week at Mega Millions Headquarters in Atlanta, Georgia. You can check the results both online and on TV.
USA Mega Millions Payout and Taxes
You should be there to claim your prize within a certain period, which varies from state to state. The most common terms are 180 days, but some metro areas allow up to a year. As for California, you have a year to receive your jackpot and just 180 days to claim the prizes you’ve won at other tiers.
|Prize||How to get your prize in cash|
|$1 – $599|
Claim your prize at the retailer where you purchased the tickets. Make sure it is marked as paid out.
Besides, you may do it by mail by either downloading your filled-out claim form or sending it by mail. The second option is preferable, as you can track your ticket.
|$600+||Request it from a claim center, a local district office, or the headquarters of the state where you have won. Some states are ready to redeem prizes by mail so check this option for your metro area.|
To receive their winnings, jackpot winners must go to their state’s lottery headquarters. Here, they may also agree on the prize payout. They may receive it as a lump sum in cash or prefer 30 annual payments. This rule is similar to those of other well-known lotteries, for example, Powerball (the differences between them are in other things).
The Mega Millions prizes are taxable, and it is necessary to know the law of the state where you have played.
There are no deductions for you if your winnings are up to $600. All the other amounts are subject to federal and state taxes, and the amounts may vary in different states.
You will pay 25% federal tax if you win more than $5,000 and 39.6% federal tax if you hit the jackpot. As for state taxes, the law differs here. While California, Florida, New Hampshire, and some others offer no state tax, some metro areas present certain rates that may also be different for residents and non-residents. That is why you need to clarify the law in your state or take advantage of the lottery tax calculator here.
Things to Know About Mega Millions in the USA
- The ticket price is $2, or $3 if you add the MegaPlier option.
- If you want to buy tickets online, look at our list of reliable lottery sites!
- You should be 18 years old to take part in the lottery. However, the minimum age is 19 in Nebraska and 21 in Iowa, Louisiana, and Arizona.
- Multiplier is not available in California because of pari-mutuel prizes.
- Mega Millions draws are shown on several TV channels.
- The number of tickets you may purchase in advance varies from state to state.
- The time when sales stop is different in different states, so make sure you are on time with your purchase.
- You can purchase shares, join a MegaMillions syndicate to buy dozens of lines at once, and take advantage of improved odds.
FAQs Mega Millions
Note: The lottery results on Lottery n’ Go are not official. When playing the lottery, it is always advisable to verify your results with an official lottery agent before taking any further action. This is to ensure that you have correctly interpreted the results and that you are not about to make any rash decisions based on incorrect information.
We’re doing our best to provide updated results every 1h. If you found any mistake, please report here.