Powerball (Australia) Lottery Results & Winning Numbers
- Latest Powerball Winning Numbers & Jackpots
- Powerball Jackpot Trend
- Powerball Hot & Cold Numbers
- Powerball Quick Pick Numbers
- Powerball Prizes and Odds
- Powerball System & Pick entries
- Powerball Drawing Schedule
- The Biggest Powerball Winners and Jackpots
- Powerball Rules in Australia
- Australia Powerball Payout and Taxes
- Things to Know About Powerball in Australia
- FAQs Powerball
Latest Powerball Winning Numbers & Jackpots
|Powerball Draw Date||Winning numbers||Jackpot|
Thursday Nov 30, 2023
AUD 8 Million
Thursday Nov 23, 2023
AUD 8 Million
Thursday Nov 16, 2023
AUD 8 Million
Thursday Nov 09, 2023
AUD 8 Million
Thursday Nov 02, 2023
AUD 40 Million
Thursday Oct 26, 2023
AUD 20 Million
Thursday Oct 19, 2023
AUD 12 Million
Thursday Oct 12, 2023
AUD 4 Million
Thursday Oct 05, 2023
AUD 60 Million
Thursday Sep 28, 2023
AUD 40 Million
Powerball Jackpot Trend
Powerball Hot & Cold Numbers
Powerball Quick Pick Numbers
Thursday, Dec 07, 2023
Powerball Prizes and Odds
Welcome to the Australian version of Powerball, the biggest official lottery in the country! The overall winning odds of 1 in 44 may seem insufficient to you. However, if you delve deeper into this fantastic gambling and see the statistics with the overwhelming jackpots, you will definitely understand why some players spend so much time and money on it!
|Match (Divisions)||Average Payout/Prize Pool Distribution||Odds %|
|7+Powerball (Division 1)||A$3,000,000 (minimum estimated and progressive jackpot)||1 in 134,490,400%|
|7 (Division 2)||A$126,209 (1.8% of the prize fund)||1 in 7,078,443 or 0.000014%|
|6+ Powerball (Division 3)||A$5,340 (1.1% of the prize fund)||1 in 686,176 or 0.00014%|
|6 (Division 3)||A$275 (2% of the prize fund)||1 in 36,115 or 0.0028%|
|5+ Powerball (Division 5)||A$154 (1.5% of the prize fund)||1 in 16,943 or 0.0059%|
|4+ Powerball (Division 4)||A$75 (9.7% of the prize fund)||1 in 1,173 or 0.085%|
|5 (Division 7)||A$37 (7.6% of the prize fund)||1 in 892 or 0.11%|
|3+ Powerball (Division 8)||A$18 (15% of the prize fund)||1 in 188 or 0.53%|
|2+ Powerball (Division 9)||A$11 (26.3% of the prize fund)||1 in 66|
Powerball System & Pick entries
There are several options called System & Pick entries that may help you reach better prizes at higher winning odds. Let’s talk about some of them in detail.
- System entry – this feature implies the selection of more numbers than the standard set requires. Here, you may choose from 8 to 20 numbers. Your winning chances improve, and the amounts across multiple prize divisions become closer.
- PowerHit System entry – this option guarantees Powerball; besides, you may choose up to 15 numbers from the main barrel.
- Pick entries – in this case, you are provided with 2 or 1 guaranteed winning number and must choose fewer of them from the main barrel.
Powerball Drawing Schedule
Unlike the famous Powerball in the USA, Powerball in Australia is a Thursday-only lottery. But it doesn’t make it less popular. So, prepare for your striking win as you get enough time to study all the gaming strategies or read some good lottery books!
|Draw Time||08:30 p.m. (Australian Eastern Standard Time)|
|Sales Stop||07:30 p.m. (Australian Eastern Standard Time)|
The Biggest Powerball Winners and Jackpots
Powerball is famous around the world for its unbelievable jackpots, and Australia is no exception. Yeah, though the minimum estimated top prize is A$3 million here, the players often win tens or even hundreds of millions! We are sure you will want to join this club as soon as possible.
|Unknown||Echuca||A$40,000,000||February 2, 2023|
|Unknown (three winners)||Burwood, Durack, and Canterbury.||A$100,000,000||December 29, 2022|
|Unknown||Forster||A$50,000,000||November 24, 2022|
|Unknown||Sydney||A$53,000,000||October 27, 2022|
|Unknown||Snowtown||A$40,000,000||September 8, 2022|
Powerball Rules in Australia
Powerball in Australia is operated by Tatts Group. It has been played since 1996. First, it was introduced as a game with a 5 of 45 format for the main barrel and a 1 of 45 for Powerball. The lottery was revamped in 2013, with a 6/40 matrix and 1/20 Powerball. At last, the current format was established in 2018, and you can see the details below:
- Residents of Australia are allowed to play Powerball and other lotteries if they are 18 or older.
- There are two barrels for the game. The first one consists of 35 balls and is used for the choice of the seven main numbers. The second is the Powerball barrel, where a Powerball is chosen out of 20 variants.
- There are nine Divisions where you can win prizes.
- The Powerball jackpot starts at A$3 million, but the typical winners are much higher.
- The smallest prize is about $12 here.
- Powerball is played on Thursdays only, but there are a lot of other games on the best online lottery sites in Australia that are available round the clock!
- The Powerball draws are available online, but you can also play with a paper ticket. If you’ve never entered a game online, read our instructions on how to play the lottery on the Internet.
Though Powerball is very promising, it is among the simplest to play. There are just a few steps for you to be in the game:
- Take your playslip and choose the type of entry you want to apply for.
- Choose seven numbers between 1 and 35 in the first barrel. The Pick 7 strategy and lottery wheeling systems will come in handy.
- Pick a Powerball between 1 and 20 in the second barrel.
- Define how many advanced plays you want to enter.
- Check your playslip carefully.
- Pay for your ticket.
- Wait until you know you are the winner!
The winning numbers will be available on the official website and in the official mobile app. Bookmark the Powerball results page on our site and see the latest news here!
Australia Powerball Payout and Taxes
There are six months for you to get the Powerball prize. It will not take you too long if you take advantage of our claiming guide.
|Amount||How to Claim my Powerball Prizes in Australia|
|A$1 – A$1,500||The managers of the Tatts retailer locations will be glad to pay your small prize out.|
|A$1,500 and over|
If mailing, send your ticket to
Locked Bag 888
MELBOURNE VIC 3004
The Tatts Head Office processes personal players’ claims as well. The prizes are paid out via check or Electronic Funds Transfer (ETF).
For the jackpot payout, visit the Head Office at
Tatts Lotteries Head Office
Level 21, Tower 2
727 Collins Street
You will also need a set of documents:
|The Lott app prizes||It is the most convenient way to collect your prizes, as they are paid right into your lottery account. Please note that the small amounts are paid out within a day, while the larger winnings need more time for processing. As a rule, the winners wait up to two weeks for their big money.|
Things to Know About Powerball in Australia
- The Powerball ticket prices start at A$4.85 for four games and may be higher depending on the style of play and the options you prefer.
- The top prize is paid out in cash only. There is no annuity payout option that the US lotteries offer.
- The biggest Australia Powerball jackpot for this time is A$160 million. It was hit on October 27, 2022, and was shared among three winners, who each got A$53 million.
- You can choose the number of games and weeks you are going to spend playing Powerball. The Advance entry implies the choice of up to 10 weeks of draws, while the Multi-week entry allows choosing the number of consecutive draws. As for the Subscription entry, it means that you will be enrolled in any drawing you want automatically.
Powerball takes place every Thursday, and that makes players impatient sometimes.
Some dreams come true at 08:30 p.m. AEST. The results will appear no later than 09:00 p.m. AEST.
The first Powerball jackpot of 2023, worth A$40 million, belongs to a beautiful lady who preferred to remain anonymous. We only know that this king’s ransom was taken on February 2, 2023.
The winner comes from Echuca. The ticket was purchased via the online account, and that was a registered entry, so the winner did it without a retailer!
The Tatts retailer locations are always at your service if you prefer playing with physical tickets. Besides, you can buy them online or in the mobile app.
The Powerball live draws are televised on Channel 7, 7TWO, and other affiliated stations in your area.
The experienced winners know that there are no Powerball ticket sales after 07:30 p.m. AEST.