You can trace the history of MegaMillions back to 1996. Today, this lottery is among the players’ favorites worldwide. It’s not hard to assume why – it’s because it offers huge jackpots. You can win life-changing sums that turn you into a millionaire. But is there a way to guarantee a victory in this game?
It always takes a bit of luck to win the lottery. However, you can take certain steps to boost your odds. This guide will tell you everything about maximizing your chances of winning the MegaMillions lotto. Here is how to prepare for the next session!
Source: US MegaMillions Website
What Are the Chances of Winning US MegaMillions?
For starters, it’s imperative to cover the basics. US MegaMillions is a two-drum lottery with a 5/75 + 1/15 concept. If you want to win the jackpot, you’ll need to guess five main numbers plus the MegaBall correctly. The odds for achieving that stand at 1:302,575,350. That means the chances are lower than winning the US Powerball, but that’s why the lottery offers huge prizes.
As for the overall winning odds in this lotto, they are 1:14.7. MegaMillions has nine prize tiers, and the lowest prize is $2. That grants you a free ticket for the next session.
Use These 9 Tips and Strategies to Win US MegaMillions
If you are a newbie, US MegaMillions is a big bite in the world of lottery. It’s important to act wisely to improve your odds and winning a prize, and here are some tips to help:
- Don’t change the numbers for every draw – Experts suggest your primary combination should always contain the same numbers. Whether you choose lucky numbers or create a selection randomly, stick to it for a certain time.
- Listen to your dreams – if you think your dreams have something to tell you, perhaps it’s the winning MegaMillions combinations. Read our lottery dream number guide to learn how to convert those messages to numbers on a lottery ticket.
- Be a regular participant – Each draw is a new chance to become the MegaMillions winner. That’s why you shouldn’t miss a single session. The good news is that many lotteries have advanced subscriptions, so you can buy tickets for multiple draws in advance.
- Use a mixture of odd and even numbers – the statistics say there’s little chance the numbers drawn from the drum will be all odd or all even. That’s why creating a balanced combination is essential.
- Use lottery software – Technology has made it easier to analyze previous draws and come up with the best possible combinations. There’s no reason why you shouldn’t use that to your advantage. Most lottery software solutions support MegaMillions, and it shouldn’t be a problem to find a tool that will help analyze the draws.
- Lottery wheeling systems – The key-digit wheel is the most convenient for beginners. You pick a number that will appear in all potential combinations. Suppose you guess the key number, and your overall odds of winning the lottery increase significantly. Check out our lottery wheeling systems guide to learn about other options.
- Tap into the power of statistics – There are hot, cold, and overdue numbers in MegaMillions. Hot are those that have appeared the most in recent drawings; cold have appeared the least. Overdue numbers are those that weren’t drawn at all for a while. If you make the right combo, you can use the statistics to your advantage and win a generous prize.
- Try playing in syndicates – MegaMillions syndicates allow you to join power with other players and purchase more tickets at a lower price. With more tickets, you’ll have better odds of winning a prize.
- Use the “Pick” strategies – these vary from “Choose 3” to “Choose 5” systems. The idea is to use three, four, or five numbers in each combination. You can read this guide to learn more about the Pick 3 strategy.
Important If you feel ready after reading the tips & strategies above to win the US MegaMillions, get one of the bonuses from our most recommended online lottery sites and play safe:
Shane Missler won the MegaMillions jackpot in January 2018. It was when the grand lottery prize reached $450 million. Missler was attracted by that sum and bought five tickets for this draw. It implies that he believes that purchasing multiple tickets gives you better odds of winning in a single drawing session.
MegaMillions had a $656 million grand prize in 2012, and it was one of the largest jackpots ever awarded. Three winners shared this jackpot, and Three Amigos from Maryland took a third of this sum. It’s interesting to note that they formed a MegaMillions lottery syndicate and purchased 60 tickets. That turned out to be the winning approach, so it might be worth trying this option.
How Many Numbers Do You Need to Win Something in MegaMillions?
You only need to guess the MegaBall to qualify for winning the lowest prize. However, the sum is only $2. If you want to win the MegaMillions jackpot, you’ll need to guess all five main numbers plus the MegaBall.
When Is the MegaMillions Drawing?
MegaMillions has two weekly drawings. They occur on Tuesday and Friday at 11 PM EST.
How Much Does MegaMillions Cost?
You can purchase a single ticket for MegaMillions for $2. There’s no limit to how many tickets you can buy. If you buy slips online, the vendor will probably charge you a provision.
How Much Is MegaMillions Payout?
The minimum reward you can win is $2. The guaranteed jackpot fund is $40 million. Thanks to the rollover feature, that sum can increase indefinitely. It’s why we occasionally see the grand prize go over $500 million.
How Is MegaMillions Paid Out?
The payment varies from the sum you win. Smaller sums are all paid out in cash. But for grand prizes, you can pick between one-time payments and annuity installments. You can receive yearly installments over 30 years or choose a lump sum. The latter will, however, reduce the winning sum due to the game’s rules.